If you’re running a newspaper, you must send an annual return for a newspaper to Companies House.
You must send an ‘annual return for a newspaper’ to Companies House if you:
- publish any kind of newspaper more often than every 26 days
- publish weekly or more often and the newspaper is mainly advertisements
- charge people who buy the newspaper
- distribute the newspaper in England, Wales or Ireland
- include editorial content in the newspaper
You must send form ‘NLR1 – annual return for a newspaper’ to Companies House by 31 July every year. The address is on the form. You must include the £10 filing fee.
Report changes of proprietor
If the proprietor of the newspaper changes, you must send Companies House form NL2.
Annual returns for newspapers – when you need to send them