Part of the Humber LEP network:

Your gateway to finding finance, advice and support for starting or growing your business in the Humber region.

Business Support Helpline: 0300 456 3565

Local Authority Regulatory Bodies

Local authority Licensing

This section covers all the licence permissions, registrations and permits issued by councils required to conduct your business lawfully. Each Council in the Humber region is responsible for licensing businesses that operate in their areas, below are the links to each council licensing web sites.

Hull City Council – Licensing

East Riding of Yorkshire Council – Licensing

North Lincoln Council – Licensing

North East Lincolnshire Council – Licensing

Trading Standards

The trading standards services provide businesses with the information they need to comply with their legal requirements. Below are links to the four local authority trading standards web sites.

Hull City Council – Trading Standards

East Riding of Yorkshire Council – Trading Standards

North Lincoln Council – Trading Standards

North East Lincolnshire Council – Trading Standards


All the necessary planning application advice and information you require to apply for permission can be obtained from each of the four Humber councils.

Hull City Council – Planning

East Riding of Yorkshire Council – Planning

North Lincoln Council – Planning

North East Lincolnshire Council – Planning